Read all directions carefully before using this product.
- Do not breathe vapors. Use only in well ventilated area. If forced air ventilation is used, be sure it does not cause a fire hazard from solvent vapors. If adequate ventilation cannot be provided, wear a NIOSH-approved respirator for organic solvents.
- Do not use or store near heat, sparks, or flames. Do not smoke, eat or drink when using. Do not take internally. Vapors may accumulate in low places and may ignite explosively.
- Store and use at temperatures between 4ºC and 43ºC . At temperatures outside of this range, special care must be taken to prepare good joints and prevent exposures to solvents.
- Stir or shake before using; if jelly-like, don’t use. Keep container closed when not in use.
- Avoid eye and skin contact - wear safety glasses with side shields and wear rubber gloves.
- Do not thin.
1. Square pipe ends and remove all burrs and dirt.
2. Check dry fit of pipe and fitting. Pipe should easily go 1/3 of the way into the fitting. If the pipe bottoms, it should be snug.
3. Use a suitable applicator at least 1/2 the size of the pipe diameter. For larger size pipe systems use a natural bristle brush or roller.
4. Clean pipe and fitting with a listed primer. Where local codes permit, priming step is not necessary for non-pressure pipe less than 4” diameter.
5. Apply liberal coat of cement to pipe to the depth of the socket; leave no uncoated surface.
6. Apply a thin coat of cement to inside of fitting; avoid puddling of cement. Puddling can cause weakening and premature failure of pipe or fitting. Apply a second coat of cement to the pipe.
7. Assemble parts QUICKLY. Cement must be fluid. If cement surface has dried, recoat both parts.
8. Push pipe FULLY into fitting using a 1/4 turning motion until pipe bottoms.
9. Hold pipe and fitting together for 30 seconds to prevent pipe push-out – longer at low temperatures. Wipe off excess.
10. Allow 15 minutes for good handling strength and 2 hours cure time at temperatures above 15ºC before hydrostatic pressure testing up to 12 Bar. Longer cure times may be required at temperatures below 60ºF or with pipe diameters over 50mm. DO NOT TEST WITH AIR.
This product is not for use with caustic or acidic chemical solutions. Consult Oatey Technical Department for more information.